Here is a small article concerning one of the biggest events from the 1949 world of college football:
"College football's Rules Committee put 23 changes in the books this season. Most are so involved even officials are having trouble with them."
The five most important rules that the unnamed journalist advised the "casual spectator" to bare in mind involved
• the legitimacy of forward passes
• the timing as to when players may be substituted
• the running of a dead ball from the end zone
• the offensive linemen and when they can cross the scrimmage line
• the possession of an out of bounds pigskin when fumbled or lateraled.
Click here to read more articles from the 20s and 30s about football.