Attached is a brief and informative article that will let you know a whole bunch about the earliest days of Hollywood film production:
• Film production companies averaged three movies per week.
• A good salary for an early Hollywood film executive was $50.00 per week
• Film extras were paid 1.50 per day.
• There were no stunt doubles.
• The average film director was paid $150.00 per week.
• A big-budget production was one that cost $500.00.
• Directors would talk continuously during shooting.
-and much more.
Click here to read additional "fast facts" about silent movies.